History of The Open Championship
Early in the 11TH century his Royal Highness King Strokesup the Tallywhacker, and his Queen Her Royal Highness Moregasm of Shagging dispatched the brave and honorable Knight Sir Shanksalot in search of the Holy Grail.
In the North of Scotland he was told a tale by Littlebanger of Shortkilts where he might find the Grail. In a fog covered bog (sort of a swamp for our American and Canadian friends) he found what he thought was the converted prize. Upon his return to Camelot he presented his find to the King and Queen. Present were the Kings’ closest advisor Lord Gooseem of Fannyshockin and his wife Lady Preggers from Poking on- the- Hill. They all declared “Bollocks!”
He was banished to the New World to a very dry, hot place that would someday be known as Las Vegas, and his trophy taken to:
The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews.
It remained in the basement for the next 1000 years. In the 21ST Century The World Golf Tour was created and the very elite, exclusive Las Vegas Knights Country Club was formed.
Sir Shanksalot XVIIVXX retrieved the trophy from the basement and it is now awarded in: The Las Vegas Knights Country Club Open Championship.